Please be aware of significant changes to remaining areas of Derbyshire currently in level 1 of the Government’s Covid alert system. Our area is being moved to ‘high’ alert in tier 2. It means people in Amber Valley, Bolsover, Derbyshire Dales, South Derbyshire and the remaining wards in the High Peak will have to follower tighter restrictions from Saturday. They join Erewash, Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire and Glossopdale in the High Peak which already have tier 2 restrictions in place.
Below are a list of important things to remember you should:
- Not mix indoors with anyone who isn’t in their household or support bubble – whether at home, someone else’s home, pubs, restaurants, hotels or other hospitality venues, leisure venues or shops.
- Stick to the rule of 6 outdoors – this includes children.
- Wash their hands regularly.
- Wear a face covering when required, unless exempt.
- Stay 2m apart from people not in their household or support bubble.
- Only book a test if they have one or more of the main symptoms: a high temperature, new continuous cough or change to taste or smell.
- Book an appointment for a free test or request a free home testing kit if they have symptoms. This can be done online at www.gov.uk/coronavirus or by calling NHS 119.
- Anyone with symptoms should act like they’ve got it. They shouldn’t wait for their test results to self-isolate. They should book a test immediately and begin self-isolating straight away to help prevent passing it on to loved ones.